6 Tips to Design A Bathroom For Elderly
Serves as a support activity related to water, the bathroom has been almost always in a wet state. Not surprisingly, this space becomes prone to accidents. Moreover, if often used by the elderly, this risk would be greater. Therefore note the following in designing a bathroom for the elderly.
- Put a non slip rubber on the entire bathroom floor. Make sure the anti-slippery coating doesn’t shift out of place.
- Make light in the bathroom becomes brighter because their vision is reduced. Better yet, if installed sensors that can turn the lights on automatically when there are people who go to the bathroom, so that users are not bothered looking for the switch.
- Do not make a difference in level on the bathroom floor. It is intended that the elderly had no trouble in the bathroom. It also helps if you have to enter the wheelchair into the bathroom.
- For wheelchair users, the middle area of the bathroom must be emptied so that he can spin the wheel chair.
- Add railing along the wall as a holding place. Attach the handle is also in the area near the toilet so that the elderly can get up easily.
- Choose a faucet that is easy to use with little movement. Do not use tap which must be played as it is quite inconvenient for the elderly.